Ten Tips for Driving Website Traffic
When you are running a business in the digital space, you need to consider how you are going to get your traffic to your website. Your site is visible for all to see, and you need to ensure that you are putting the work in to make it happen. Website traffic doesn’t build up overnight; it takes time to make sure that you are getting the right traffic to your site and you have to do what you can to get more eyes onto your site.
Your website is going to be a big part of your business and using Google SEO traffic strategies will help you to build up that audience that you need. The harder you work on this, the better results and return you will get from your customers. Asking your audience what they want to see from you is a good place to start, but here are ten tips for driving website traffic!
- Start a blog. Believe it or not, a blog is actually one of the best things that you can do to drive traffic. It is a long slog to build your blog and keep churning out valuable content. Regular blogging is going to be a big deal for your business, so make a point of hiring someone to write for you if you don’t have the time to do it yourself. Not only will it improve your odds of appearing in search engines, it’ll ensure that other sites pick up and link to your business and content.
- Make sure that you are active on social media. If you post regularly on your social media business accounts, you’re going to expand your business and ensure that you know what your audience wants from you. Posting regularly on your social media is really going to help you to contact the relevant audience that you’ve been looking for. You can also make sure that you join the right groups and bring your content in front of new eyes all the time. If you consider how many billions of people are on social media, you’re really going to be able to extend your reach to different corners of the globe rather than just the local area.
- Be a guest. Posting on other people‘s websites and guest blogging is really going to help you to showcase your site to a brand-new audience. If you ask other bloggers to swap blogs with you, you can post on their site and you can host some of the blogs they have written, too. Not only does this help you to get in front of a brand new audience, it’s going to help you to reach out and show what you are made of. You’re going to be doing something nice in return, but your content getting out there is the goal.
- Make sure that your website is visible. We talked about driving traffic, but if you don’t put your website link everywhere that you can, you’re going to slow that traffic down. Promote your web link on your email signatures, your business cards, your vans and vehicles, your company uniforms – everywhere that your website is increasingly visible both on and offline the better. Your website has to be seen if you want to drive traffic, so let’s make sure that you can get it out there in big bold letters.
- Be a part of Google My Business. If you want to ensure that you are seen, you can add so much more content to your profile for free when you have a Google My Business profile. This could even include a list of the products that you sell and this can increase the likelihood of people taking through to your website. Nobody wants to see a business name and not know what they do, so if you ensure that you claim your Google My Business profile you can talk about whatever you like.
- Make sure that you have an email marketing list. Email marketing is not dead which means that you need to have a button on your website for people to input their information. While you are selling out on email marketing, make sure that you are adding value by showing people emails and content that they would like to see. You can run a survey to help you with this, reach out to your audience and ask them what they would like to see. Email marketing really is worth its weight in gold and if you’re not sending regular emails to prospective customers, you’re losing out.
- Consider video marketing. If you have noticed that the rise of online video marketing is going up, you might be more on the ball than you think you are! Instagram reels are turning into the new TikTok, which means that everywhere you look people are using bite-sized videos to sell things. YouTube is the second most popular search engine in the world, so you could repurpose your best blogs as videos with links back to your website.
- Answer questions and become an authority online. You could get online and make sure that you are signing up to question and answer websites to answer people’s questions. Not only will you be able to market your business, you can talk more about what you know. This makes you an authority in your sector and this is exactly how you can pull in some new customers
- Considered influencer marketing. You might have seen the rise of influences on social media which means that you can utilize the audience and their influence on the rest of social media to bring traffic to your website. If you have an ecommerce website, you can even give influencers discounts and free products to help to drive sales and gain actual reviews.
- Use your marketing budget for paid advertising. You can have a small budget towards paid advertising on search engines and social media to promote your site to audiences that may be interested. It doesn’t have to cost much, so make sure that you put a small amount into your budget so you’re not wasting too much cash.