A media pack is a document containing information about your business, product or event. They are mainly used at events and for launches as a package of information for journalists to help them write their story. Unlike the traditional email, media packs create a more enjoyable viewing experience with sleek, sophisticated design.
So what are the key elements that should make up your media pack?
Introduce Your Business
This is meant to be an introduction of your business but AIMED at your target market rather than a general introduction so remember to aim your content at your niche. Inform the reader
- Who you are
- What the purpose is of your business
- What are the benefits of using your products
- How do your products differ from other competitors on the market?
- Where are you located?
This is the heart and soul of your company within one engaging paragraph. Differentiate yourself from your competitors and sound unique. For example, if I was purchasing a large amount of paper for printing, there are multiple companies to choose from. But a company that brands themselves as Eco-friendly and uses recycled paper would probably sway me above all others. As a guide, here are the 4 questions to create your mission statement.
- How do we do it?
- Whom do we do it for?
- What value are we bringing?
- What can we uniquely provide over all others?
Testimonials are an incredible marketing tool and add a sense of credibility to your website. Fantastic testimonials can be the deciding factor on whether the customer will go ahead and purchase from you. As guidance, try to answer the below 4 questions in your testimonials.
- The problem the customer had
- Other solutions they tried which failed
- What solution YOU provided for them
- The outcome
Services Offered & Prices
We could split this into 2 different sections but you have a limited amount of time to engage with the customer before they will stop reading your Media pack, roughly 20 seconds in fact! That’s why it’s so important to be as transparent as possible. Take a look at the questions below and try to answer them.
- Has your product received great online reviews? Include the reviews next to your product/service – ‘As seen in’ etc.
- Use power words to increase sales and make your sentences more punchy. Endorsed, Certified, Authentic etc.
- Add facts about your product. Does your eyeshadows contain a higher pigment than what is currently available on the market but at an affordable price?
- For pricing, ensure you have thoroughly researched the market and your competitor’s prices. Extortionate prices without an incredible product will just make your customers purchase elsewhere.
Processes & Contact Details
This is important information for the customer. We need to be as transparent as possible about how we will process their orders and include info like follow up and delivery times.
- How long will your product take to deliver?
- After they have purchased, what will happen next?
- Will you contact the customer within 24 hours?
- Do they download the product and is there a user guide?
For your contact details, we want more than just a phone number and address.
- Are you on Linkedin?
- Facebook and Twitter?
- Do you have a Pinterest account?
- What about your email address?
The design will quite simply make or break your product. The whole point of creating a media pack is a direct way of selling to your customers WITHOUT the conventional email. I use canva which have free media kit templates!
So here are just a few tips on to create a simple media pack and the information you should include. Once again, remember to write this for your target market, not to fit everyone!
Good luck and any questions, just click here!