If you’re on the lookout for an amazing manager for your business, you need to make sure you take your time and find the perfect person for the job. This goes for just about any role in your business, but your manager needs to have many qualities to thrive and help your business to grow. Here are the things you must look for in a manager:
Honesty And Transparency
The ideal manager is honest and transparent with you and members of the team. The best way to gauge this for yourself is usually to do an internal hire. Hiring somebody who you trust already in the team ensures you can be sure about them. You can’t always trust that somebody you’ve just met is going to be honest.
If your manager doesn’t have confidence in themselves, your team isn’t going to have confidence in them either. Bear in mind there’s a huge difference between confidence and arrogance.
Your manager needs to be able to relate to the other people on your workforce. They must not only relate, but have empathy for them and their struggles. This is another reason internal hiring is a great option. They will already be familiar with the struggles and the people going through them.
Able To Work Well In A Team
Chances are, your manager won’t be working alone. You’ll need to hire a robust management team to work alongside them. This infographic on hiring a robust team can help you with that:
As you have probably heard countless times, when it comes to promoting your business, marketing is everything. This is the best way of getting your brand known, and increasing those all important profits.
There are many ways to market your business, but in this article, we will look at two ways to really get your business out there, ensuring your company makes a lasting impression.
Take part in trade shows
Exhibiting your business at a trade show can be expensive, but your brand will be seen by hundreds of people, and the networking possibilities are huge.
These are the benefits:
– The people who attend trade shows are there because they want to do business, so you can guarantee there will be interest for what you are offering.
– You can get a better handle on the competition. Pose as a customer and visit other booths to find out what other businesses are offering. Price up their products, make a note of their sales tactics and learn how to strengthen your business from their example.
– No matter how small or large your business is, you will be taken seriously when you showcase your brand at such an event. Getting your name out into the world is your first step towards a better reputation and greater credibility, and at a tradeshow, you will have a ready-made customer base to carry your name forwards.
You need to catch people’s eye, so having a stall tucked away at the corner of the exhibition hall may not pull people towards your stall. If you can afford it, we recommend you hire one of these custom made quality bespoke exhibition stands to really get your brand noticed, with an interactive and audiovisual display.
Become a guest speaker
Let’s be honest; we aren’t all cut out for public speaking. However, you will get yourself noticed if you can become a master of your field at conferences and trade events.
Before you get yourself into a wobble, this doesn’t mean you have to stand up in front of thousands of people. There are many events where a number of smaller workshops are held throughout the day, and you could take charge of one of them. You will need to have something to say, but if you have a particular expertise that is worth sharing with others, you will have the opportunity to get your face seen, and your voice heard.
These are the benefits:
– You have the opportunity to promote your product and service to people who move within your industry circle. As with trade shows, the people who attend these events are there because they have a vested interest in your field of business.
– Provided you didn’t conduct your talk with your flies undone; you will garner a positive reputation for your name and business.
– Industry bigwigs attend these events, and if you managed to dazzle the crowd, you might meet somebody prepared to invest in your business to help you get to the next level.
Quite simply, don’t be a business wallflower. Pushing yourself into larger events might just give your business the push it needs.